Thursday, August 25, 2011

DAY 1: Seattle, WA

Hey Folks,
Mom and I arrived in Seattle, WA around noon, picked up our FABULOUS cherry-red Mustang Convertible and met up with some of our favorite family friends, the Flora's. John, Brenda, and Sarah took us around downtown Seattle and Pike's Place market and then we returned to their beautiful home where we enjoyed a fantastic feast and the best coleslaw I've ever had! Kristen, Jason, and Ana joined us for dinner and it was great to catch up with them since I haven't seen them (and hadn't met Ana until then) in at least 10 years! It was great to spend time with some familiar faces before we embark on the rest of our trip. Here's some of the highlights from today:
A view of Mount Rainier from the plane


Our ride: Tabasco



Pike's Place Market
Beautiful bouquets everywhere!

The first Starbucks.... I wonder where the first Dunkin Donuts is....
Downtown Seattle
Mom with Brenda and John Flora
Two little hookers and their spicy car!

MOMMA'S NOTES

Great launch to our adventure, thank you fabulous Flora family.
I had forebodings at the car rental check in line. We hadn't seen a convertible in the lot. Eliza told me to think positive and sure enough, an almost brand new, red-hot car was pulled up for us, now dubbed Tabasco. The GPS we've renamed a few times but is now Queen Anne. A crazy pairing but then so are we.



1 comment:

  1. Well...you both do have one thing in common...you know what I am talking about. I can't wait to see pictures!!! Have fun driving down the coast!

    ReplyDelete